During the two-day course, participants will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile industry using the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its fundamental principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, agile development, products’ flow and DevOps.
Participants will also understand the concept of Business Agility in the way that their organizations can successfully prosper in a competitive market. Students will discuss the issues of building effective teams and approach to technical / technological aspects in agile projects, they will organize and reorganize work around the flow of values. They will learn and practice the skills of supporting and conducting events connected to PI (Program Increment) planning and coordination of multiple “Agile Release Trains” (ART). Participants in this training will discover the importance of a customer-centric mindset approach and agile product delivery design. They will also understand aspects related to the implementation of Lean Portfolio Management functions in their industry.
Participation in the training prepares students to take the exam in order to obtain the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certificate.
- Duration time 2 days
- Level of the training Basic
- Management team and leaders, managers, directors, IT directors and board members
- People responsible for development, quality control and infrastructure management
- Program and project managers
- Managers managing products and product lines
- Portfolio managers, PMO
- Systems architects and solutions
Thematic scope of the training
- Development in the era of digitalization thanks to business agility
- The role of a Lean-Agile leader
- Team building and technical agility
- Building solutions based on agile product delivery
- Lean Portfolio Management
After the training, participants will be able to:
- conduct an agile transformation based on SAFe
- be in the position of Lean-Agile leader
- better understand the client’s needs thanks to Design Thinking
- enable agile product delivery
- implement Lean Portfolio Management
Everyone can take the course, regardless of experience. However, the following requirements are recommended by course providers:
- More than 5 years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Scrum experience
- Name of the exam – SAFe® 5 Agilist
- The form of the examination – multiple-choice test
- Examination – on-line in a web browser, using of books and third party support forbidden, time-limited
- Exam Access – Candidates can access the exam on the SAFe Community Platform after completing the Leading SAFe® course
- Duration of the exam – 90 minutes (1.5 hours) from the start of the training until the end of it
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing threshold – 35 out of 45 (77%)
- Language of the exam – English
- The cost of the exam – The first attempt is included in the training / license fee, under the condition that the exam will be realised within 30 days of completing the course. Each subsequent attempt costs $ 50.
- Retake the exam Policy – Second attempt to the exam (1st repeat) can be performed immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day break. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day break.
Materials useful for the exam
The purpose of the exam is to measure the knowledge and skills related to the role played. We recommend that applicants use a variety of educational resources to prepare for this exam, including:
- Training materials – training materials are an essential part of the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. They can be used as a reference to the content presented during the classes.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guideline describes the role in details and all aspects of the exam, including the recommended bibliography. Access is provided through the Learning Plan on the SAFe Community Platform after completion of the course.
- Practical test – the practical test is designed to test your knowledge before taking the certification exam *, it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty and duration time. It is part of the “Learning Plan” on the SAFe Community Platform and can be realized unlimited number of times. * This is not a real exam and passing it doesn’t guarantee success in the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – Sample exam questions are also available online in Study Guide.
SAFe® Agilist certification
Achieving SAFe® Agilist certification requires a specific skill set and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification covers:
- SAFe® Agilist certificate in PDF format
- SAFe® Agilist digital badge promoting your online achievements
- Annual membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SAFe® Agilist community of practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect You with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of educational resources to help You during Your “SAFe journey”
- Certificates expire one year from the date of receiving the certificate.
- Renewal Fee: $100 per year
During the training, participants receive
- Participant’s handbook
- Preparation and one-time approach to the SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- Annual membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certificate of completion of the course
Participants must attend both days of the course to be qualified for the exam.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
You can apply for 15 PDU points in order to meet the Project Management Institute (PMI) Continuing Education Requirements to maintain PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certifications
You can apply for a Category C SEU in order to earn or renew your CSP certification through the Scrum Alliance