Gain the skills necessary for high-performance team members in the Agile Release Train (ART) – learn how to successfully collaborate with other teams – by becoming a SAFe® 5 Practitioner.
The training introduces into the topic of team agility to agile programs (ART – Agile Release Train) with the SAFe® Practitioner certification.
During the two-day course, gain a detailed knowledge of the Agile Release Train, how this delivers value and what you can do to successfully fulfill your role using Scrum, Kanban and XP. Learn more how to write “User Stories” and how to decompose Features of the product, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments (PI). In the end, understand the concept of Continuous Delivery and the DevOps culture, how to successfully integrate with other teams in the program, and what is necessary to continuously improve collaboration within the program.
- Duration time 2 days
- Level of training Intermediate
Target group to which the training is addressed:
The course is intended for:
- Team members who apply Lean and Agile on a large scale
- All Agile Realease Train members preparing to start the program
Thematic scope of the training:
- Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an agile team
- Iteration Planning
- Performing the Iteration
- Performing a Program Increment
To be a SAFe® Practitoner, participants should be able to:
- Use SAFe to scale up Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role in Agile Release Train (ART)
- Know all other teams in ART, their roles and relationships between them
- Planning the Iterations
- Realization of iterations and demonstrate the value delivered from it
- Plan Increments of the PI Program (Program Increment)
- Integrate and collaborate with other teams in ART.
Everyone can take the course, regardless of experience. However, the following requirements are recommended by course providers:
- knowledge of Agile concepts and rules
- Basic knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and XP approaches
- practical knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Practitioner
- The form of the exam – multiple-choice test
- Examination – on-line in a web browser, use of books and third party support forbidden, time-limited
- Exam Access – Candidates can access the exam on the SAFe Community Platform after completing the SAFe® for Teams course
- Exam duration time – 90 minutes (1.5 hours) from the start of the training until the end of it
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing threshold – 35 out of 45 (77%)
- Language of the exam – English
- The cost of the exam – The first attempt is included in the training / license fee, under the condition that the exam will be realised within 30 days of completing the course. Each subsequent attempt costs $ 50.
- Retake the exam Policy – Second attempt to the exam (1st repeat) can be performed immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day break. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day break.
Materials useful for the exam
The purpose of the exam is to measure the knowledge and skills related to the role played. We recommend that applicants use a variety of educational resources to prepare for this exam, including:
- Training materials – training materials are an essential part of the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. They can be used as a reference to the content presented during the classes.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guideline describes the role in details and all aspects of the exam, including the recommended bibliography. Access is provided through the “Learning Plan” on the SAFe Community Platform after completion of the course.
- Practical test – the practical test is designed to test your knowledge before taking the certification exam *, it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty and duration time. It is part of the “Learning Plan” on the SAFe Community Platform and can be realized unlimited number of times.
* This is not a real exam and passing it doesn’t guarantee success in the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – Sample exam questions are also available online in Study Guide.
Obtaining the SAFe® Practitioner certification requires a specific range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe® Practitioner Certificate in PDF format
- A digital SAFe® Practitioner badge to promote your online achievement
- Annual membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SAFe® Practitioner community of practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of educational resources to help you on your “SAFe journey”
- Certificates expire one year from the date of obtaining the certificate.
- Renewal Fee: $100 per year
During the training, participants receive
- Participant’s handbook
- Preparation and one-time approach to the SAFe® 5 Practitioner (SP) exam
- Annual membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certificate of completion of the course
Participants must attend both days of the course to qualify for the exam.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
You can apply for 15 PDU points in order to meet the Project Management Institute (PMI) Continuing Education Requirements to maintain PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certifications
You can apply for a Category C SEU in order to earn or renew your CSP certification through the Scrum Alliance